Saturday, November 13, 2010

.

Holy crap.
"Why are you fat"
"Why are your teeth not pure white?"
"Why are your eyes 450 degrees?"
"Why do you not go outside often?"
"Why don't you go out with your friends more?"
"Why is your chinese horrible?"
"Why do you not heavily focus on school?"
"Why is Yuchen at a higher level of violin than you?"
"Why does sean know how to play more instruments than you?"

Why do you even bother asking this shit.
If you want to know why.
Go ask yourself.
Your genes.
Your mother&father's genes.
That's why.

You're not thinking about my future when you have me practice for SAT.
Nor Violin, or piano.
Even getting into MY and Pre-IB and now, IB.
They're all for yourself.
For you to be able to brag.
That your 'son' is doing very well.
In enriched courses.
Plays instruments.
Has a high score on SAT.
That's all you want.
When I decided to take Jap.
You were enraged.
"YOU'RE SO GOOD AT FRENCH ALREADY."
Totally. I can't even remember how to say 'to' in french.
You just want me to get good at one language.
So then you can say 'My son is fluent in French!'.
Because none of your friends are amazed at a child learning Japanese.

Thanks mom.
For thinking about me,
and not you.

No comments: